The MCC Athletics Blog

Officially the "unofficial" MCC Athletic Blog; created for all Eagle fans- so that they can keep tabs of their favorite JuCo team.

Google
 
Web www.mcceagles.blogspot.com

Saturday

Caruso Learns Ropes At MCC



By Marty Stamper / staff writer
Published: July 01
The Meridian Star

It didn't take Joe Caruso long to find out what being an assistant baseball coach at Meridian Community College is all about.

Just days after being selected to the Eagles' staff, Caruso spent four days getting MCC's Scaggs Field prepared for the State Games and evaluating the participating talent in preparation for next year's recruiting.

"I'm originally from Lock Haven, Penn.," said Caruso, a former standout at the University of Alabama. "I played at Alabama for four years and then went off and played pro ball for seven years. In the time I spent at Alabama, we got a lot of great players from Meridian and I heard of a tradition here that was excellent. Meeting with (MCC head) coach (Chris) Rose, I just felt like it was going to be a good fit for me to get my feet wet. I've worked field maintenance as we go. I'm learning Chris as we go. I'm meeting faculty and staff at Meridian and so far it's been open arms from everybody. I've enjoyed myself so far. I loved the State Games. It was something that has great tradition and is something I've actually heard of being from Pennsylvania. It was a lot of fun to sit here and watch the talent."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home